Monday, April 16, 2012

The Mephisto Covenant (Trinity Faegen)

Title: The Mephisto Covenant
Author: Trinity Faegen
Publisher: Egmont USA
Length: 464 pages
Rating: 1/5

“Jax, a son of Hell, and Sasha, a descendent of Eve, unexpectedly find love, but Sasha must sacrifice the purity of her soul to save him while he struggles to keep her safe from his brother, Eryx, whose mission is to take over Hell and abolish humanity’s free will.”



I wanted to like this book. The cover is beautiful and the premise is fun: forbidden love tangled in mythology. But I couldn’t even finish it. (I couldn’t even bring myself to write the summary so I stole if off the book!) I tried, for the sake of this review, but my head began to hurt from wincing so much. I mean no offense to the author, but everything seemed so unrealistic and over the top, especially the characters and their dialogue. It felt like a romance novelist trying to write YA, but failing because all she had to go off of were bad clichés. And that's not what YA is about for me.

I’m sure this book is for some people, but not for this blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Auwtsch, that doesn't sound very good.. What a shame that you didn't like it! But unrealistic and over the top.. that's not something I enjoy reading. I'll think it over again before I start reading this one. I don't want to waste my precious time. Thanks for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete